Eating disorders content now available in the PERFORMANCE SCIENCE section
Follow us on Twitter for the latest updates...
Find out more about the Advanced Apprenticeship in Sporting Excellence!
Reports from every event at the Olympics coming over before the New Year!
- Jenni Banks: Wheelchair racing Part 3
- Neil Black: Endurance Physio (Part 1)
- Coaching Heavyweights Q&A (Part 1)
- Jenni Banks: Wheelchair racing Part 2
- Boo: Playground to Podium (Part 3)
Welcome to uCoach
A new home for all your coaching resources
Welcome to uCoach – the online resource for athletics coaches in the UK.
This website has been launched with the coach in mind – a one-stop shop for you to access information about coach development, coaching qualifications, events, news and coaching resource. To find out more about this site please watch the video in the red bar at the top of the page or check the help section if you are having any problems
Getting started in coaching
Do you want to qualify as a coach? If so check out the QUALIFICATIONS menu at the top of the page for details of courses accredited by UKA/British Athletics. However, you will need to contact your Home Country Athletics Association (England Athletics, Scottish Athletics, Athletics NI or Welsh Athletics) to actually book onto a course because UKA/British Athletics are only the awarding body and we don't actually run any courses .
No events for this period
Event Specific Content
Looking for EVENT SPECIFIC information on Sprints, Hurdles, Relay, Shot, Discus, Javelin, Hammer, Triple Jump, Long Jump, High Jump, Pole Vault, Middle Distance, Long Distance, Marathon, Race Walking, Wheelchair Racing etc..
Click HERE for EVENT SPECIFIC INFORMATION or look under the 'COACHING' menu at top of every page! Also under COACHING you can find information on:
- Strength and Conditioning, Nutrition, Psychology and Exercise Physiology under 'PERFORMANCE SCIENCE'
- Long term athlete development under 'ATHLETE DEVELOPMENT'
- How to plan and organise training under 'PLANNING AND STRATEGY'
- How to develop strong communication skills and get the most out of athletes under 'COACHING STYLE AND COMMUNICATION'